Friday, February 12, 2010

Countdown: 91 Days


I'm baaaack! Training is in motion again for my next Team in Training event. I actually started in November, and lost a little ground in January due to schedule conflicts, but I'm back on track!

In 91 days I'll be running the Cellcom Green Bay half marathon as a Team in Training alumni. This year my fundraising goal is $1,000. Piece o' cake, right?

This time I have to up the physical ante too. As my third event, my goal is to get faster this year and finish in 3 hours or less. Last year I was at 3:33 and that was with San Francisco hills. So, I SHOULD be able to do this, right? :) My second goal --and I'm really throwing this on the table for everyone to hold me to it--I need to lose more weight. Between my first and second event, I lost bout 30 pounds. It certainly helped me in SF to be lighter on my feet. But, me ars is still too big for my liking SO I want to lose at least 25 pounds by May 16. More would be lovely. :)

And, as the blog says, I'm running in honor of my awesome dad, Bruce. His attitude is inspiring --always cracking jokes and living it up in AZ. At his check up last June, all reports were good. Since he has CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia), it's likely he'll face another round of chemotheraphy at some time. But, he stays positive.

Someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer every 10 minutes. That is astonishing to me. As slow and NOT graceful as I am, I still run to hopefully rid the world of blood cancers some day.

And, you can help! Donate online at my fundraising page before May 1, 2010. Your donation is tax deductible AND you'll just be super awesome forever and ever because you helped save lives and fight cancer. Check it out at http://wi.tnt.llsevent.org/Vik

1 comment: